Monday, August 16, 2010

Yes, I'm finally blogging...

I really shouldn't try to blog while the munchkins are still awake. They always manage to get into something while my back is turned. In fact, right now Shiphrah is "riding" on the rocking chair and Kirk is pulling all the VHS tapes out of their boxes. But since that's a relatively easy thing to clean up, I'm letting him go to town.

Ronnie is napping right now, which is always SUCH an accomplishment for me. He has to be convinced to fall asleep and if he doesn't, he's a real grouch all day long. (I can't believe he's already 5 weeks old!) But he is my first baby that lets me rock him to sleep, which I absolutely LOVE. Newborns are so sweet and cuddly!!

(Random aside: I buy Bolthouse Farms juice for the munchkins because it's real fruit and I feel good about giving it to them. They were on sale last week so I picked up a bunch, including one new flavor that has blueberry juice in it. Well, I quickly learned that blueberry juice going in smells the same as blueberries do coming out. So now I have to smell that on the kids' breath all the time. YUCK.)

I'm slowly getting into a routine around here. I almost hesitate to say that though because I don't want to jinx it. Nighttimes are the biggest struggle now. Ronnie is usually overtired and grumpy so he sits in his swing and screams while I get the other two kids ready for bed. It's frustrating because I like having a bedtime routine for the kids that includes brushing their teeth, cleaning their room, getting PJs on, reading the Bible, praying together, and saying goodnight. That whole process takes about 20 minutes or so (longer when we add a bath) and when Ronnie is upset, I'm tempted to just throw PJs on the kids and put them to bed. It just makes me feel like the worst mother ever when I let my newborn scream.

1 comment:

  1. I've wondered how people do it with multiple young ones. I always felt awful for letting Jackson scream for ten minutes while I took a shower. I don't know how I'll feel next time around but hopefully I won't be as tense about it. I can handle his crying much better now. I assume its impossible to use a sling while taking care of the other little ones? It would be pretty hard come to think of it. Well, sympathetic vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete