Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fun with Friends and Family

I fully intended to write an update about all that's been going on lately, but my time is precious. Avery is asleep, Shiphrah is napping, and Kirk actually went to sleep in his pack 'n play, so I don't want to waste all my free time on the computer. :) Plus, it's been so long since I've blogged, I don't think I could remember all that went on if my life depended on it. (I can hardly remember what happened yesterday, much less two weeks ago.)

But we've been busy and in a good way. You know how sometimes you have a million fun things going on and by the end of the weekend you're so exhausted you feel like it just wasn't worth it? Well, for the past few weeks that actually hasn't been us...and it's been so nice!

Basically we've just been enjoying time together as a family and hanging out with friends. We went out to Medina Lake again a couple of weeks ago, this time with some of Avery's co-workers.


We enjoyed a relaxing morning there (we arrived around 9 and left when it started getting too hot) swimming and eating and chatting with friends.


We bought Shiphrah a float so she could enjoy the water and she had a blast as well. (It’s frustrating though that none of the floats allow the kid to actually reach the water with their hands…I guess it’s a safety thing but still, it just makes her annoyed.) Avery also brought his inflatable boat and paddled around a bit.


He took Shiph for a ride too, but she didn’t much care for it (I think it scared her). Oh and what is it with swim diapers? I swear Shiph always decides to poop as soon as she has one on. Yuck!

For the holiday weekend we hung out with my parents and my sisters at the zoo on Friday.


During the summer the zoo has early hours for members-only so we got there early and left before it got too crowded (and too hot).


Shiphrah is really starting to enjoy watching all the animals and roaring or oinking (which sounds more like a grunt coming from her) at them. It’s adorable.


On Saturday we relaxed most of the day and then headed out to the Valdes house to celebrate the Fourth with some family.


Shiphrah played in the pool for a few minutes, but got bored really quickly when she realized the other kids could hop in and out of the pool as they pleased.


We had to leave rather early to get Avery to work (his first day out on his own!) but that worked out better for the kids anyway.


Other than that, we’ve had a few friends over for dinner and have gotten to know the sweet family that moved in across the street from us. I love, love, love being able to spend time with other families like ours…there’s nothing like good fellowship between believers! It was also nice to meet another couple with family values like ours. I really am looking forward to getting to know them better over time. Not that I don’t love the friends we have now. It’s just that outside of family, we really only hang out with one other couple and one other family. And we can only bug them every so often. :)

Well, I’m going to spend the rest of my free time working on Kirk’s baby book. I finally got around to starting it yesterday (the poor kid is almost 4 months old…bad mommy) and I’m remembering how much I really enjoy scrapbooking, even if I’m not very good at it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Shiphrah has grown up so much! Just adorable on that swing!

    Em likes to let loose in the swim diapers, too. Makes an already gross thing (soggy diapers) even more disgusting. :)

    ReplyDelete