Friday, July 31, 2009

Off to the Frio!

It's that time of year again! Time for a weekend at the river...the Frio River in Leakey, Texas to be exact. Families from the church I grew up in have been doing this for oh, I don't know, 18 years or something. I've only been going for about the past 7 years or so, but it's defintely become a fun family tradition.

Only this year, Avery has to work. I'm still going because hey, I'm a glutton for punishment (i.e. two babies by myself) and my parents have offered to help me with the kids so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus this will be my first year in three years that I haven't been pregnant and can actually enjoy the company.

Kari and her brand new hubby are still off honeymooning so they won't be there, but there are several other people I'm looking forward to seeing. My good friend Amanda, my parents and my sisters, two couple-friends with babies, and lots of old family friends that I pretty much grew up with.

And this year, since I'm not pregnant, I should actually be able to take some decent pictures. The last two years I think I took an average of three pictures every day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the babies will behave and sleeping in group cabins won't prove impossible, so I'd really appreciate it if you threw up a few prayers on my behalf. :) (Oh, and it'd be nice if there were actually WATER in the river...not sure about that yet.)

Anyhoo, I'm off to finish loading the car. We'll be taking off as soon as the kiddos wake up from their naps! See y'all on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment