Even after 10 weeks of getting to know my precious son, I'm still taken by surprise nearly every day by how different he is from his sister.
- Shiphrah was an easy baby; Kirk...isn't.
- Shiphrah never cared if her diaper was wet or dirty; Kirk hates it.
- Shiphrah took to the pacifier almost better than Mama's nipple; Kirk wants nothing to do with it.
- Shiphrah was a decent nurser, but would just as well have a bottle; Kirk would nurse every hour if he could and will only take a bottle if he's starving.
- Shiphrah would take a bottle cold, room temperature, or warm; Kirk has to have it warm.
- Shiphrah slept through the night at 4 weeks old; Kirk is only sleeping one or two 4-hour stretches at night.
- Shiphrah preferred sleeping on her stomach; Kirk prefers sleeping at an incline on his side.
Wow, that list makes him sound like quite a particular baby. :) Lest you think I preferred my daughter's newborn stage over his, let me list a few special things about my Kirk.
- He smiles and giggles constantly. He loves hearing us talk and will break into a big grin just at the sound of my voice.
- He loves trying to shove his fist in his mouth...his whole fist.
- When he's awake, he loves moving around. He'll lay on his back and stare at the ceiling while kicking his legs and waving his arms furiously like a baby bird trying to fly.
- He "talks" to his toys while he watches them. Shiphrah was always a quiet baby; Kirk loves making noises.
- Kirk can make the perfect pouty face when he starts to cry. His lower lip puffs out and starts to quiver. Break. my. heart!
And with that, I'm going to bed early because a certain little munchkin won't fall asleep by himself tonight. I love my babies!