Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekly Savings - CVS - 5/3

I just got home from CVS. I don't usually go this early in the week, but I had a coupon expiring today and we needed decongestant. I was so excited about the deals I found that I just had to blog about it right away!!


I went into the store planning on buying CVS brand decongestant ($9.79) plus one less-than-a-dollar item and using my $2/$10 CVS brand coupon. I also was planning on taking advantage of the ECB cereal and toothpaste deals. (Buy 3 select Kellogg's or Special K cereals for 3/$10 and get $5 ECBs and buy select Colgate toothpaste for $2.99 and get $2 ECBs.) But once I got into the store, I happened to notice several items on clearance for GREAT prices. (Apparently they mark down items on Sundays?) So I scoured the store and found Degree deodorant on sale for 92 cents, Mitchum deodorant on sale for $1.25 (this is the only deodorant Avery will use and it's usually $3 or something), Gerber 2nd Foods apple-banana-strawberry for 42 cents per 2-pack, CVS brand baby shampoo for 82 cents, and my most exciting find: Lansinoh nursing pads for $1.50 for a 36-count box (!!!).


So I ended up doing two transactions: I got the CVS brand items for $8.61 (a savings of $4.47), and then used my $8 in ECBs from last week plus 3 $1/1 coupons for the cereals and a $1/1 coupon for the toothpaste to get everything else for $6.34 AND I got $7 ECBs back (a savings of $32.35 plus $7 ECBs)!


05032009-cvs savings
Total spent = $6.34
Total saved = $32.35
ECBs received = $7


(So in a way, CVS payed me 66 cents to buy everything in the picture. )

No comments:

Post a Comment