Friday, May 22, 2009

It's the weekend!!

I could just sit and watch Kirk for hours. Right now he's laying on his playmat watching the light-up musical star, babbling at it, and trying his darndest to grab it. (Of course, he doesn't really know exactly what his hands/arms are doing, so he's really just flailing around.) So CUTE! :) Like I mentioned in my post before, Shiphrah was a pretty quiet baby, at least until she was older, so all this cute newborn babbling and giggling is new to me. I LOVE it!!

Shiphrah is napping and Avery is out mowing the lawn, so I should be washing dishes and folding laundry. Kirk is going to be hungry any minute now though so I'm using this time to blog. I hate getting interrupted from a chore, so I'd rather waste this time than be productive. :)

By the way, if any of you need to buy gifts anytime soon, Restaurant.com is running a deal where if you use the code "SPECIAL" you can get $25 gift certificates for only $2! Most of the restaurants have restrictions like "only for use on purchases of $35 or more, alcohol excluded" but it's still a pretty good deal if you want to try out a nice restaurant that you wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. Avery and I are going to try Canyon Cafe here in San Antonio sometime soon with one of the gift certificates.

Speaking of good deals, there are some really good coupons for Kraft shredded cheese ($1/1) and Huggies diapers($2/1) circulating right now. Click HERE to see Money Saving Mom's post with the links to print out the coupons. I think you can print four of of the cheese coupons (two from each site) and six of the diaper coupons (four from the Huggies site and two from the other). These make for some pretty good deals since usually the best coupons on Huggies are for $1.50/1 and the cheese coupons will make the Kraft bagged cheese even cheaper than store brand (I think) especially if you combine them with the $1/2 Target coupons.

I know it's a Friday, but I keep thinking today is Saturday. Our weekend starts today because Avery is off Fridays and Saturdays, so I keep getting so thrown off. We've had a nice relaxing start to the weekend so far. Avery got off early this morning (4ish) so he came home and went straight to bed so he could wake up around 9 with me and the kids. Then I cooked him an omelet and Shiphrah whined for 2 hours before we finally put her to bed for a nap. (I don't know what is up with that girl! She's had some nasty poops the last few days so maybe she's getting some more teeth.)

Anyway, I guess that's about it for today. Tomorrow we're headed up to Dripping Springs for the day to visit my family. I'm not too excited about the drive, but it'll be better than the 7 hours we spent in the car last Saturday going to the beach.

Have a GREAT weekend, all!

1 comment:

  1. I used the restaurant.com code that they had last week (it was only 70% off so I'm wishing I had waited until this week :)) and my hubby and I are going to try Magic Time Machine for our anniversary tonight!

    ReplyDelete