Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe

As I mentioned in my previous post, I used some of the breathing room in our grocery budget to pick up some baking supplies. Since some friends of our invited us over for dinner on Wednesday night, I offered to bring dessert. I had found a recipe that I desperately wanted to try because it looked absolutely delicious. Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw it...someone tweeted about recipes (from Italy?) with a link, I clicked the link and found this recipe. So kudos to the original poster...I'd give due credit if I remembered who you were!

Ingredients:
1 cup Almonds
2 whole Large Eggs
⅓ cups Granulated Sugar
2 cups Chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
½ cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ cup Powdered Sugar For Coating
½ cup Granulated Sugar For Coating

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Toast the almonds in the oven until light golden brown. Once cool, grind finely and set aside. (I don't have a grinder, so I just smashed them up as finely as I could.)
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat, stirring frequently. Once completely melted, remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat on medium speed about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and frothy. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixing well to blend. Add the flour, baking powder and almonds to the chocolate and eggs and mix just until a smooth dough is created. Refrigerate the dough for two hours.
- Reheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and take small pieces about the size of large olives and roll into a ball. Roll each ball first into the granulated sugar, then into the powdered sugar and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Continue to use up all of the dough in the same manner. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until they expand and begin to crack. Cool to room temperature and serve.


Mine didn't look nearly as pretty as the picture, but they were scrumptious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment